HR Assistant – Full Time
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Location: 915 Walkers Line, Burlington, ON L7N 3V8
We are seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our Team!
As a Human Resources Assistant, you are committed to the progressive development and success of an organization and its people. The HR Assistant will be responsible for ensuring a successful recruiting platform and managing the H&S Operations as well as assisting the HR department. Must be detailed oriented and able to work at a fast pace while maintaining a ‘can-do’ attitude in the work environment. Looking for someone who wants to learn and develop while contributing to the growth of our team.
What we are seeking in YOU:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in the Human Resources field is required
- Experience with Payroll and Benefits
- Advanced knowledge of legislation governing human resources and labour relations such as the Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act & Regulations etc.
- Knowledge of H&S/JHSC processes and procedures required
- Occupational Health and Safety Certified an asset
- Working knowledge of ADP Work Force Now is a bonus
- Minimal travel will be required
- Support the HR department by carrying out any other projects or tasks as assigned
What YOU will be doing:
- Lead the recruitment and selection process companywide
- Ensuring recruitment process is followed including reference checks, background checks and efficient onboarding – including the facilitation of orientation
- Manage the onboarding process including WHMIS, AODA and OHSA training
- Oversee all Health and Safety disciplines companywide
- Supervise the disability management, WSIB and RTW processes
- Compose, communicate, and enforce companywide policies and procedures
- Responsible for auditing inter-company processes
- Lead the total rewards & recognition programs for all employees
- Manage Benefits, LTD Claims, and processes
- Assist Director of HR in various culture related projects
- Developing and maintaining an organized HRIS
Car Nation Canada’s Mission Statement:
At Car Nation Canada, our Family of Dealerships provides industry leading automotive sales and service experiences by treating every customer and employee like family. We exceed expectations by providing superior customer service, supporting our communities and employing the most talented people in the industry. You’ll come in as a customer and leave as family.
Car Nation Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department - please see more information at www.carnationcanada.com
DO NOT DELAY - APPLY TODAY! We are an equal opportunity employer
WHY JOIN US?!
- Competitive Benefits Program including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, LTD, AD&D and more
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- VENNGO Work Perks! (Hotel & restaurant discounts)
- Positive and supportive working environment
- Ensure that employees work in the manner and with the protective devices, measures, and procedures required by the OHSA and regulations
- Provide training and mentoring from the best in the industry
- Provide the tools and environment to ensure you excel in every aspect of your professional life