Nissan NV200 Taxi Makes NYC Debut
If you’ve lived in St. Catharines and Niagara areaÂ for more than several years, you’ve seen the changes in the Ontario economy. The Nissan NV200 is built forÂ these challenging times. With more and more people looking to start their own businesses, the transportation industry is a popular choice. There will always be a need to move people and stuff. Nissan’s new commercial vehicle the NV200 Taxi made it’s global debut in New York, recently.
After a rigorous, two-year competitive bid selection process, the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission selected the Nissan NV200 Taxi in May 2011 as the exclusive taxi of New York City beginning in late 2013. Billed as the “the safest, most comfortable and most convenient taxi” the city has ever seen, it was built with input from all of the stake holder, cabis, passengers, taxi company operators, and even other city street users, like bicycle couriers. Not quite as iconic as the old Checker Cab, but it looks like it’ll get the job done in comfort.
NissanÂ NV200 Taxi Features:
- Proven 2.0L 4-cylinder powertrain, engineered to enhance the emission performance and fuel efficiency of the taxi fleet
- 150,000 mile powertrain warranty
- Sliding doors with entry step and grab handles, providing easy entry and exit
- Transparent roof panel, presenting unique views of the city
- Opening side windows
- Independently controlled rear air conditioning
- Breathable, antimicrobial, environment-friendly, durable and easy-to-clean seat fabric, simulating the look and feel of leather
- Overhead reading lights for passengers and floor lighting to help locate belongings
- A mobile charging station for passengers, including a 12-volt electrical outlet and two USB ports
- Flat “no hump” passenger floor area for more comfortable ride
- A low-annoyance horn with exterior lights that indicate when the vehicle is honking, so the horn is used less frequently.
- A 6-way adjustable driver’s seat featuring both recline and lumbar adjustments, even with a partition installed
- Unique driver’s seat material and stitching to promote improved airflow
- USB Auxiliary audio input and charge port for driver
- Standard navigation system with integrated rearview backup monitor
- Hearing Loop System for the hearing impaired
- Driver and passenger intercom system
- Pre-wiring for taxi T-PEP system
- Only taxi ever to be safety tested and certified with full taxi partition
- Front and rear-seat occupant curtain airbags, and seat-mounted airbags for the front row
- Standard traction control and Vehicle Dynamic Control
- Lights that alert other road users that taxi doors are opening
- Ample room for four passengers and their luggage, offering substantial improvements over current taxi models
The Nissan NV200 Taxi will be produced at Nissan’s manufacturing facility in Mexico. Total manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) of the vehicle, with all planned standard features, will be approximately USÂ $29,700.
(Source: Nissan America)